About MSI Americas
MSI Americas is a multinational company with presence in 14 countries throughout the Americas, trajectory in the Telecommunications & IT sector and the best work team. We believe in offering services and products that allow the humanized use of technology connecting it with society.
About the position
The Network Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed within the customer’s network. This is an on-site position as needed at designated customer location(s), and may require additional work hours and on-call support for critical issues.
- Function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
- Communicate well within the Juniper team and articulate customer problems before they become major issues; provide proactive visibility to customer & Account team.
- Configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper products: Routers, Switching. Security, and MIST products.
- Manage platforms focus: MX, EX, PTX infrastructure products
- Manage: Secondary platform focus: QFX, SRX Security Products, Junos Space Security Director.
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years of experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
- 5 years experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently (Portuguese is a plus).
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management.
- Ability to work well with the juniper account team and Technical assistance center.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes the hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers
- JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCIE or other vendor equivalent expert level certifications are a strong plus.
- Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include:
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- IP subnetting and super netting and hierarchical routing principles.
- Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP).
- Routing policies at BGP peering points.
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.) Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required