About MSI Americas
MSI Americas is a multinational company with presence in 14 countries throughout the Americas, trajectory in the Telecommunications & IT sector and the best work team. We believe in offering services and products that allow the humanized use of technology connecting it with society.
About the position
The scope of this role requires an experienced professional with a full understanding of the HFC, Inside/Outside Plant and/or FTTX technologies.
• Assignments are evaluated upon completion, to ensure objectives have been met.
• Defines and develops proper approach to solutions.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) to six (6) years of related experience as a technical lead/engineer for designing, installing and configuring hardware and HFC solutions in the cable industry.
- Effective time management, from own time to the project schedule and deliverables
- Working knowledge of project scheduling and tracking.
- Be conversant with all aspects of system deployment.
- Working knowledge of 3 or more of the following technology areas:
a. Full knowledge of RF parameters and signal flows (frequency, power-level, modulation methods, channel widths, signal losses, SNR etc.) in a CATV system
b. Advanced knowledge level of Access Networks, in-depth knowledge of RF spectrum and propagation, HFC, Fiber, and Wireless systems
c. Basic/medium DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.x/2.0/3.0/3.1 systems
d. Understanding of the OSI reference model, specifically Layer 1 and 2, as it relates to HFC/DOCSIS systems.
e. Knowledge of IEEE 802 standards for Local Area Networks and Metropolitan Area networks/ IP networks and CMTS systems.
f. Create or modify existing plant designs using Lode Data, SmallWorld or other applicable software.
g. Create drafts using AutoCAD, Spatial Net, or other related software.
- Prior experience with legacy ARRIS Access and Transport networks (AT systems)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Effective at working in team situations.
- Communication skills in Spanish and English (At least Intermediate – B1,B2 in the CEFR Scale).
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements
- Normal office environment / Home office if needed.
- May require up 75% of the time travel to other locations as needed.