Those responsible for the cyber-attack are making extortive charges to the company to decrypt the files.
Information and customer databases of the Municipal Companies of Cali have been endangered, due to the infection of the commercial system equipment with a malicious virus. It entered through a computer that is part of an interconnected network that has shared folders, so all the files were encrypted with a password, and in exchange for releasing them, those responsible for the virus are asking between 50,000 and 100,000 dollars.
“The virus leaves a file which is where it gives you the instructions of what they are aiming for. It says: if you want to recover your data, write to one of these two emails and make a payment in Bitcoin because this cryptocurrency is more difficult to trace.”
- Cybersecurity Education Program: In order for the members of a corporation to live the experience with realism and continuously evaluate their state of alertness against possible threats, it includes an automated system to simulate attacks with the latest phishing, ransomware, identity theft and malware techniques.
- MDR – Managed Detection and Response: A whole technological stack, processes and trained people with great expertise, who are working 24/7 to detect and respond to any event. How does it achieve this?
- With prevention: monitoring, management of security policies throughout the network and endpoints.
- With automatic detection: threat intelligence and behavioral analysis based on Machine Learning, with enriched data.
- With investigation: root cause analysis and timeline analysis.
- With response: construction and use of playbooks, automation tools, interconnected platforms and professional experts in the technology stack.