About MSI Americas
MSI Americas is a multinational company with presence in 14 countries throughout the Americas, trajectory in the Telecommunications & IT sector and the best work team. We believe in offering services and products that allow the humanized use of technology connecting it with society.
About the position
The WDD QC Engineer will be responsible for knowing and developing the coverage of the FO network by applying the technical knowledge of the equipment available on the platform determined by the client to digitally capture equipment on the digitized infrastructure, showing routes, service coverage by equipment, as well as taking care of signal losses to maintain minimum levels and thus provide an efficient service. The WDD QC Engineer will be responsible for QC the surveys to detect any errors and correct them before they are delivered to the customer.
Professional in Telecommunications Architecture and Engineering, specialized in Telecommunications, with demonstrated experience in administrative and technical processes applied to IT technological infrastructure, civil works, electrical networks and telecommunications. Work performance in areas that involve surveying, digitalization and design, elaboration, interpretation, and analysis of FO network plans.
Skills & Experience:
• Associate or Bachelors degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Architecture or Civil Engineering.
• Proven experience with HFC, FTTH and Fiber Deep networks.
• Proven experience (At least 2 years) in the management and interpretation of plans, schemes, layout and GIS references.
• Practical knowledge of MS Office, Auto-CAD, Google Earth, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) programs.
• Intermediate Excel proficiency.
• Knowledge of urban infrastructure and telecommunications infrastructure.
• Experience in active and passive network equipment.
• Extensive experience in the development of Technical Manuals for construction and certification of fixed networks.
• Able to apply high quality standards and a high level of demand attached to those of the industry in the evaluation of the construction of FTTX networks.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Experience managing high performance teams.
• High level of synergy for teamwork.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Be able to position self with the customer to establish and discuss technical criteria.
• Successful candidate must go through approval process by both COMMSCOPE and Customer (if required).
• Languages: Spanish and English (At least Intermediate – B1,B2 in the CEFR Scale).
Resources and Tools
• Cellular Telephone with data plan
• Computer (to be provided by Commscope)
• Stable internet access (for remote access)